Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bible Study

So yesterday I led my first bible study en Español. I taught on the importance of love teaching from 1 Corinthians 13. We had a lot of discussion and I found out that all the members of the bible study had at one point or another gone to the local witch doctor for help. Jacob's helper Enrique had been brought to the doctor as a baby to be blessed. Later Enrique brought his daughter to the witch doctor to heal her broken arm. The witch doctor did heal her arm but it was a partial healing. Her elbow is now on the opposite side of her arm. After the bible study our hostess prepared a delicious meal of rice, beans, pico de gallo, and something I didn't recognize. 
Today another mission team is flying in. This team will arrive at 7:00 pm. They will be bringing inflatables. Jacob and I rode up to a village called Santa Rosa near the top of the volcano Irazu Saturday night to ask for permission from the city council to set up the inflatables in the town square. Thank you all for your prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment