Saturday, June 29, 2013

Souvenirs

So this morning the mission team went to an orphanage in San Jose. They enjoyed playing with the children and I translated for many of them. The children were delighted to us and play with us. There were a pair of young girls there that reminded of my beautiful sisters. After lunch the team went to a local souvenir place. It was like an indoor bizarre. A tin roof covered dozens of small shops all housed in one building. There was a narrow central hallway filled with vendors cramming and fighting for our attention. 
They sold items such as shirts, dresses, knives, machetes, pipes, cigars, carvings, and hammocks. Speaking of which, I am sure my friend Mr. Henson will be happy to know that I picked up two hammocks for him today. I saw some purses there I think my sisters will like, I will get those next time when I go with the next mission team. 
Today was the first day I really struggled being away from my family. I have missed them a lot but before today I have been able to deal with it. Today however on the bus I was going through some pictures of my family and when I came to the pictures of my sisters I actually teared up a bit. But despite missing my family I am having a wonderful time here. I expected to experience culture shock but so far none. 
Thank you for your prayers! If you want to here about anything in particular let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment