Friday, June 21, 2013

Arrival in Costa Rica

So it was a busy day yesterday, I got up at five and was at the airport at 6. I departed at 7:45 and arrived around 8 am in Atlanta. I departed from Atlanta around 9:45 and and arrived at Costa Rica at 11:15 their time, which would be 1:15 in South Carolina. Courtenay met me at the airport along with some of her family. She took me by where my family used to live in San Francisco de dos rios, talk about a walk through memory lane! 

We made it back to their house just in time for lunch with a mission team led by Mr. Hart, my science teacher from sojourn academy.  After eating they showed me my room and I unpacked and caught up with the Folk family. We had tomato soup for supper then I went to a bible study with Jacob. The study was on grace and I don't remember much from it as I became very tired during the bible study. 

Today we got up at five and went to PanamaThe Folks have to leave the country for 72 hours to do with Costa Rica rules for long term stay. We had an 8 1/2 hour drive. we stopped for lunch and had a picnic on a beach. as we ate we got to watch some locals surf. I enjoyed eating some coconuts we found in our picnic site! Now we are staying in a hotel in David, Panama. In order to use the Internet we have to be in the lobby. I tried to blog yesterday but when I went to upload it the Internet did not work.

During my time here in Panama i will be preparing lessons for the bible study in CR. Please  pray that god will bring me out of my comfort zone as I help minister to the people here and that he will draw me nearer to him and that he will give me the words to say to the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment