Sunday, July 5, 2009

Packing Up

I can't believe it's that time already. It seems we arrived, blinked our eyes, and now it's time to go again. Today I pulled out some of our trunks and began to pack some things. Going back through those things reminded me of how I felt when I was unpacking them--excited, incredulous that we were finally here, anticipatory of all things to come in this year of language school, and above all else, thankful to God for his love, protection, and calling.

How do I feel now? Hmmm. Excited, incredulous that we have been here for a year and that it's time to move on, and anticipatory of all things to come as we begin our ministry in Honduras. Above all else, I am thankful to God for his love, protection, and calling.

Trey was taking something out of the oven today and said, "Mom, we really need some better hot pads." They are a little on the thin side--some I had bought from a student who was leaving when we were arriving. I said, "Yes, I know, when we get to Honduras it will be home, and we won't be 'camping' so much like we've done here." We have a nice house here, lest anyone should think we have literally camped, but what I meant was that we have made do in many ways with what we had--most of our household things are secondhand, and in many cases, third-, fourth-, or fifthhand--purchased from previous students who sold their things before moving on. Trey looked at me and smiled and said, "But, you know, I really think that's one reason this year has been so much fun."

Thank you, Lord, for our kids' spirit of adventure--and for the great year we have had here in Costa Rica!

3 comments:

  1. Bienvendios a Honduras! My, my you sure picked a good time to come to Honduras. Thanks for the link. I will read more of your site later when I have some free time. Looks great so far. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you need it, God leaves small reminders, . . as in Trey's comment.
    You are in our prayers during this big time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, girly girl!!!! It's Deanna!!! You can follow southern drawl back to my blog if you want to. The address is :

    www.mopsandpopsplace.com

    I'll warn you though, blogging is very addictive. Wow, I just read the newsletter. This is all so exciting.

    I just started my new job...Yay!!! I'm at the GHS main teaching Pediatric Clinic. I love it and am so thankful for the full-time position....with benefits....finally. Been living on the edge too long. Steve is still unemployed. Anyway, I'm learning un poco espanol...ha,ha,ha...muy un poco!!
    Really, I just have to be able to say...Are you allergic to any medicines? Are you giving your baby any medicine? Take off the zappos y ropas!!! I have a long way to go but that's not too bad after a week.

    Give all the babies big and small a kiss for me. I love you,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete