Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh, The Ways We Have Grown This Year !

August, 2008:

KIDS (inside the house): MOOOooooM, WE FOUND A GECKO, WE FOUND A GECKO!!!

MOM: Eeeewwwww! Get him out--take him outside!!!


July, 2009:

KIDS: WE FOUND A GECKO, WE FOUND A GECKO--IN OUR BATHROOM!!

PARENTS: Leave him alone--don't anyone touch him--he likes to eat insects!

Of course, one of ours, who shall remain nameless to save embarrassment, couldn't leave him alone and transported him downstairs to show everyone gathered in the kitchen. The gecko promptly escaped and was last seen scurrying down a hole between two kitchen cabinets. The parents were practically giddy because now, in this location, he can eat all the fruit flies his little body can hold!

3 comments:

  1. Ha I actually think geckos are cute. I mean growing up with lizards and iguanas in my yard i think geckos are cute... But yeah I know what ppl feel like towards different types of creepy crawlies :) Praying for yall now that you're moving to your long-term mission field and love yall so much (miss yall too)!
    ~Grace Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is - WOW, Really...
    That's a LOT of growing.
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would be okay with the geckos as long as they are not sleeping with me.

    ReplyDelete