Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tengo Una Más Idea

I have one more thought about our recent mission work in Los Guidos. The house we cleaned up both on the inside and the outside had a toilet that emptied just outside the back wall of the house and went down a fairly steep hill. Most of the trash we picked up was downhill from the sewage pipe. I was so proud of the eight teenagers who gave a Saturday morning to help a family in desperate need.

The doctor side of me kept thinking about all the potential diseases we could catch: Hepatitis B and C, infectious colitis, cholera, to name a few. I just kept praying and asking God for protection for our whole group and asking God to protect us according to Psalm 91. This psalm is the only place in the Bible that lists all of God's promises of protection. A dear friend of mine told me about how much it had meant to her on a mission trip to Liberia, Africa. She gave us some children's books that teach this Psalm so we can teach these truths to our children. Thank you Sharon Sudduth and thank you to the teenagers and adults from AMCA.

God, thank you so much for your protection and provision.

1 comment:

  1. Hello .. I am also from Greenville and have adopted twins from Guatemala. I heard about your blog from my friend Norma Reini. God Bless you for the work you do !!

    ReplyDelete