Thursday, April 2, 2009

Learning the Culture and Seeing the Zoo



Luke with his "cool" sunglasses



Gabe giving Carmen a lift




Trey enjoying the day




Anna looking pretty




Elijah taking a picture of me




Timothy posing as usual


Little children as everyone knows can learn a foreign language much quicker than someone with my maturity (age). They sometimes learn the culture quicker too. In Costa Rica, men will stand in the road and sell baggies of water to passing motorists. A couple of times we have had people come to the door who only wanted something to drink. So I fill a sandwich bag with water to give to them. They will bite a tiny hole in the corner and suck (drink) the water. This past Saturday we went to the zoo in San Jose. I took a backpack with water bottles for everyone. It was a hot day and everyone wanted their water bottles. I noticed Eli kept putting the bottom of his bottle up to his mouth. Then I realized what he was doing. He had bitten a tiny hole in the bottom of the bottle and was drinking through it like the Ticos drink from the corner of a bag of water. Then like the six year old he is, Eli started squirting everyone through the hole in the bottom of the bottle so I had to trash the bottle.



Eli drinking from the bottom of his bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment