Friday, April 3, 2009

Beautiful Parrot

Sometimes I am overcome by the beauty that God has put here on this earth for us to enjoy and to point us to Him, the Creator. The birds here are exquisite. Not just the colors, like this parrot, but their songs, too. When we first arrived in August, early each morning I would hear a man whistle loudly a plaintive whistle (it starts in a major key and ends in a minor key) in the street outside our house. I realized in a few days that it was a bird--I have never heard anything like it--absolutely beautiful!

When I hear birds sing, I imagine they are all praise songs to and for their Creator. Isn't it incredible how He made them all different sizes and colors and with different songs also? Now that the seasons have changed, I don't hear the same bird songs. They have moved on and others are here in their places for now. It makes me happy for the change, not because I tire of the same birds and songs, but so that I won't grow so accustomed to them that I forget to praise their Creator . . . my Creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment