Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moved to Tears Today. . .

We have several Koreans at the Language Institute this trimester. One sweet couple is in my grammar class. Today, at the beginning of gramatica, John (it sounds like) was asked to pray for the first time in class, and our teacher added, ". . .and please feel free to pray in your heart language." I have no idea what he said, but as I listened to him pray in the beautiful sing-song language of Korea to our mighty God, who understands every word of each language on this planet, I was overcome with emotion at how great God is.

As we struggle to get our minds around just a few words in Spanish, God knows them all and listens attentively and patiently as His children pour out their hearts to him all over this planet.

Later on, in chapel(which is in English-- we have it on Tuesdays and Thursdays), I was in a small prayer group with another Korean man, who also prayed in Korean. Once again, I was in tears as he prayed when I considered how little and insignificant I am and how great God is that He understands every word all over the world. We are blessed to belong to Him, and that He allows us to communicate with Him--each of us in our heart language.

Please pray for John's wife. She is very weak from an earlier surgery (this summer)and missed class yesterday.

Also, please pray for my dear maestra, Graziella (see earlier blog on my professors). She is in pain with a growth on her throat and will see the doctor tomorrow.

Next week. . .we will be taught to pray in espanol!

No comments:

Post a Comment