Friday, September 19, 2008

Chapel

We have Chapel on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the school. Different students sign up to speak or preach. They always bring an encouraging word. They are asked not to debate various points of doctrine differentiating denominations since there are so many denominations represented in the school.

When we sing praise songs, for me, it serves as a great reminder of why we are here. Invariably I am moved to tears each time, sometimes to the point that I can no longer sing. I think part of it is my guilt feelings over not spending as much time in Bible study and prayer as I think I should.

So we were in Chapel yesterday and I was so choked up I once again could not sing. I thought to myself, "I will be glad when I get over this and can sing all the songs like everyone else does." Then I heard a small quiet voice say "No, don't ever get over it". We serve a great and awesome God and I feel so blessed yet unworthy that He has called me to foreign missions.

Posted by Tully Stoudemayer

No comments:

Post a Comment