Thursday, June 3, 2010

Latest News

Well, we had a great trip to the States, were able to visit friends and family, and I was even able to do some shopping. Most members of our family are too tall for the clothes here, so I was thrilled to be able to stock up on some summer clothes for all of us. We had a very special time staying with my brother and sister-in-law and their family: Dee, Ruthie, Cameron, and Daiten. We were able to be with my mom for Mother's Day, too!

I shared with several groups while there about our ministry in Honduras. That was an unexpected blessing!

Tully is, I would say, completely better from his long illness--praise God! He was still coughing some when I returned, but since then, it has cleared up.

Mabel is still on a ventilator, and has a tracheostomy. She is unable to talk with it which I am sure is a tremendous frustration, not to be able to make one's needs known. Please continue to pray for her. There have been so many friends to visit her, and we appreciate that SO much, since we are unable to be there and care for her. Allison (one of my best friends)'s mom is in the same facility right now, and she has been able to go by frequently just to say hello and visit and pray with her. We are so thankful for the love and care that have been shown to Mabel in our absence!

The rains began in earnest while I was away. It has been rare this year in that we had a very short dry season. And now, having had a tropical storm near us, the rains have been extremely heavy. Our roads in Honduras are filled with huge potholes due to the rains, and there have been some bridges washed away, and some landslides. Our problem here at the hospital has been alot of standing water.

We said good-bye to an awesome evangelism team from Tennessee and Kentucky, and are welcoming a team of nurses and nursing students tomorrow from Georgia. We are also thrilled to have Taylor Perrault here with us this summer as our intern. He is a college student from UGA and was with us in February. Taylor preached this afternoon in one of our mountain churches and Timothy translated for him. I am so proud of them! They said they prayed all the way up the mountain, and felt a tremendous peace when it was their time to speak.

Trey has been hard at work finishing up school and taking exams this week. He is almost done and looking forward to relaxing for a couple of days, and then helping out with the teams this summer. The other boys finish up tomorrow, and are so excited! The girls are enjoying the sprinkler when they come home from school, and Anna has decided to go into the hairstyling business. She cut her hair and Carmen's when I was gone, so they now have cute short haircuts from where I had to even their hair up!

That's all the latest news for now. I have great pictures to share but will wait to upload them until the boys are finished with school so that I won't crash the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment