Thursday, January 28, 2010

Extra Protein

Tonight, we had broccoli. I love vegetables, especially green ones. Here, we eat so much rice, beans, and corn, that salad, broccoli, and green beans are pretty much delicacies now with me. : )

Well, the broccoli tasted so good to me tonight that I ate a double serving, which is unusual.

At the end of the meal, as our family was sitting around talking, I noticed something all of a sudden on my plate--it looked suspiciously like a little white worm. But I thought, no, that's not what that is! I should have just gotten up at that point, scraped my plate and washed it to get it out of my mind, but I didn't. So, we talked some more, and I looked down again at my plate and noticed a second little white (cooked) worm, this time on my broccoli.

At this point, I was, of course, really grossed out, and feeling too full of wormy broccoli. Tully, in an optimistic moment, said very matter of factly, "Well, at least the corn wasn't wormy, too." I said, "Is that supposed to make me feel better??" The boys were practically rolling on the floor in laughter.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this made me gag. Please post some photos when you get a chance. Love to see pictures of you all, especially the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recovered from food poisoning. Gag! But when I was a kid it was funny to pull worms out of the corn during harvest time. Buen provecho!

    ReplyDelete