Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Darkness

We have had to drive from Tegus to our house twice now after dark. The first time was on our first night back in Honduras. It is so easy to take so many things for granted in life. Things like the yellow refectors in the middle of the road or the painted lines on the sides of the road. There are none of those in Honduras. Once you get out of the big city there are not many lights from houses to help illuminate the streets. The next turn to the left or right is hard to see until you are right up on them. I probably should drive slower but I am tired and we have 90 kilometers to go. Dawn has already told me that if our mothers come to visit that I cannot drive:). But as I was driving last Saturday night and it was pitch black, all I could think is God please bless the man/woman who invented "bright lights".

No comments:

Post a Comment