Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Poco a poco

Our Spanish tutor tells us that we learn Spanish little by little or poco a poco. Last week Dawn and I went to dinner with a couple, Kelly and Trisha Lawrence who are going to Honduras with our same agency, Baptist Medical Dental Mission International. It was the first time we had been out to eat on a date in a couple of months. We ordered everything in Spanish with ease such as asking for a glass of water, our entree, and the bill, etc. That truly is not a big deal except I can remember the first time I ordered a glass of water or asked for the bill in Spanish and I was quite pleased at my accomplishment. So we are learning little by little.

Kelly and I have something in common. We both quit our line of work after 21 years to go to the mission field. I ceased my medical practice and Kelly shut down his HVAC business. God called us to do different things than what we had always known and done.

Amos 7:14-15 says: "Then Amos replied to Amaziah, 'I am not a prophet, nor am I the son of a prophet; for I am a herdsman and a grower of sycamore figs.' But the LORD took me from following the flock and the LORD said to me, 'Go prophesy to My people Israel.'"

1 comment:

  1. So how and when do you learn all the medical terms you'll need?
    Terri

    ReplyDelete