Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Carmen's Blessing


The children have gotten out of school at 12 pm both yesterday and today, so we've all been together for lunch. Tully asked who would like to ask the blessing today before we ate lunch, and Carmen almost bounced out of her seat with excitement saying, "I will, I will!" I added, "Okay, en español, por favor." Now I was completely expecting her to take off in English which would have been fine, but her prayer went just like this:

Her eyes were squinched tight in reverance and concentration:

Carmen: "Gracias Señor por este día. Y gracias por mi papá. (now she was looking around the table) Gracias por Trey, y Lucas, y Timoteo, y Gabriel y Elías, y por mi mamá. Y por Ana. Y . . .y . . .y . . .

Tully: "Y gracias por mi mamá."

Carmen: Carmen looks up from her beautiful prayer and says, "I already said 'gracias por mi mamá, Daddy.'"

Three other voices chimed in: "Yes, she did, Dad."

Tully:"Oh, okay, great, Carmen!"

Carmen, continuing on with eyes closed tight, "Um. . . en el nombre de Jesús, Amén." Then she looked up at all of us quite pleased with herself! I added, "y gracias por esta comida."

Thank you God for this day. And thank you for my daddy. Thank you for Trey, Luke, Timothy, and Gabriel and Elijah, and for my mommy. And for Anna. And . . .and . . . and. . .um. . .in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is so precious. You have an awesome family. I have watched your blog from afar for so long that you guys somewhat seem like celebrities to me...HA!

    ReplyDelete