Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Language Learning Funnies. . .

In class, we were learning how to use the conditional tense and our assignment was to describe our perfect world. What my classmate meant to say was that in her perfect world, there would be no little children without parents. What she said was that in her perfect world, there would be no cucumbers without parents.

My tutor asked me where my friend was as she hadn't met with him at her scheduled time this week. What I meant to say was that she was probably just really excited because she had two new grandchildren born Monday or Tuesday, twins! What I said was that she was probably just really excited because she had two new grandparents born Monday or Tuesday, twins! He smiled patiently and said, "WOW! Can you say that again now?" Which is my cue that I had really messed something up. Then I figured it out and we had a big laugh. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment