Thursday, October 2, 2008

Various thoughts and pictures

Dawn wrote about our visit to the church at Los Guido and I wanted to add some pictures that I took.











These pictures are from the fence around the little church. One is outside looking in and the second is inside looking out. Staying behind fences and razor wire is pretty much just a way of life here. You get used to it pretty quickly.





This room is where about 20 kids of all ages had Sunday School.







Pastor Gabriel is originally from Chile and is a missionary to Costa Rica.



One thing that seems strange is the way the streets get quiet after dark. It gets dark at 6pm. The streets are bustling with activity during the day but due to the crime, just 30-45 minutes after dark they are deserted like a ghost town. It is an erie feeling. The other night I had to walk to a grocery store after dark because we had to have some food for the next day. It is really weird to have to ask your 13 year old to walk with you because there is "safety in numbers."


Today in my quiet time I was reading from the Gospel of John ch5. In verse 22 it says "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,." It really struck me that Jesus will judge everyone. I would not want to put my trust in other faiths if I knew that one day Jesus will judge me. There is only one Judge and only one Savior--Jesus Christ!!! And only one way to heaven---through Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment