Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prayers

When we were at Volcan Arenal weekend before last, Trey hurt his knee in a pool. We learned yesterday that he has a small tear in the cartilage. Please pray for Trey, that his knee will heal on its own without surgery. Please pray for us, as well, specifically for the logistics of getting him to and from school (a ten minute walk) with no car. Fellow missionaries with BMDMI, Lori and Dwyndl Nelms, have had access to a car this past month and have graciously picked Trey up each morning for the last week and driven him to school. We've taken taxis back home most days. Believe me when I say that although Trey has had some pain, he is enjoying milking it--he assured me tonight that pizza would made his knee heal faster. I told him, "Manana." Tomorrow. Friday night is pizza night for our family.

On another note, Courtenay Folk (who is a member of my brother and sister-in-law's church--Mt. Moriah Baptist Church in Powdersville) and I learned yesterday that we are being moved to a higher level group of classes beginning Monday. Please pray for us as we make this transition. I absolutely love my current teachers and our current classes, and feel very sad about leaving them, but am also excited about the new opportunity. After so much time together, our classes have bonded, as I'm sure the classes are that we will be entering. We also leave behind a fellow student who wants to be moved up but is not going to be able to and several others who are moving down, all of which are stressful situations.

Please pray for grace in the transition, and for God's peace for all of us as we continue on in our learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment