Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random Thoughts on Not Saying Goodbye









"And a great time was had by all!" That was the comment at the end of a party held this past week in our honor. We feel blessed and humbled to have great friends and family who have given and attended send off parties for us recently! It has been so much fun. Although the days are going so quickly for Tully and me right now, the blessing comes in knowing that our friends and family are walking this journey alongside us. I'm sure our time of reflection on all that we have left behind will come in a month or so, when it is pouring rain and has been for days, after the new has worn off of Costa Rica, we are hungry for something like an American cheeseburger from Fuddrucker's or a mocha from Starbucks, and we just want to be with people we love from home. I can't bring myself to say goodbye as I want to think things will go on, just differently in each of our relationships. This is the hard part of leaving! But our peace, which passes all understanding, comes from God and knowing that He has called us to fulltime missions and we have said, "Here am I, send me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment