Sunday, March 28, 2010

17th Anniversary

So yesterday was Dawn's and my 17th wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe we are up to number 17. I can still remember our showers, rehearsal dinner, wedding like it was yesterday. I remember the excitment and the nervousness.

Liliana is the wife of our head Honduran doctor at the hospital. She is an excellent cook and has started cooking supper for our teams. She surprised us Friday night by cooking us an excellent meal. We were able to eat in Jimmy and Bonnie Abbott's house by ourselves for a little mini-date on Friday night. It was a sweet time as we get little time to ourselves anymore.

I was saved when I was 7 years old but had really fallen away from the Lord during the years following. Dawn and I were married on March 27, 1993. On Memorial Day weekend of the same year, Dawn led me back to the Lord and I rededicated my life to him. So between the Lord and my wife (of course the Lord is first) the last 17 years have been the best of my life. This tribute is more for Dawn since it was our anniversary yesterday.

Dawn has been a great wife, mother of our seven children, friend, helper (she helps me to be a much better man) and lover. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her!!!

It has been a fantastic 17 years and I do not regret a single minute of it.

Dawn, Te amo mucho. (I love you very much.)

Tully

1 comment: