Saturday, September 19, 2009

Girl with the Hurt Toe



Here is the little girl who had the hurt and deeply infected toe. We had a picture of her foot in our September newsletter. She came to church the next week, and we asked her to show it to us again. The nurse on call that day cleaned it really good, applied more antibiotic cream, and bandaged it. He scrubbed it so hard, and yet her face remained completely stoic. It made me wonder what her life has been like--to have endured tremendous pain without flinching.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I hope you don't mind that I nominated your post, The Visitor, for post of the day at authorblog. I guess I should have warned you.

    Congratulations, it is quite an honor to be a post of the day contender.

    Anyway, your writing is beautiful and poignant. Keep it up.
    Love you,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete