Thursday, February 26, 2009

Halfway There!

Wow that looks good! Last Friday, Feb. 20, marked our 6th month anniversary of arriving in Costa Rica. In some ways, it seems like just a little bit of time has passed, we just got here! In other ways, it seems to be the opposite. Our family has learned so much, changed so much, seen so much, experienced so much in these six short months. We have grown in our love for each other and for the Lord we love and serve.

Last weekend, in our quick trip to Honduras, I realized how much we have also grown to love the country and the people we have been called to minister to. God has done that. He has put a burning desire in our hearts to be in Honduras. We can't wait to get there! I have enjoyed life in Costa Rica so much. . .I had wondered about that. Would I want to leave it when the time came? But after getting to Honduras for a few days, Honduras is. . . well, home. I was truly sad to leave it at the end of our brief trip, but the Lord quietly reminded me in His gentle way to live in this moment He has given me. I have enjoyed my time in language school and in Costa Rica so much, I don't want to miss a moment of it in pining for the future to get here!

Our graduation date is set for August 14. The light glows brighter each day at the end of the tunnel. In the meantime, though, we pray that we will continue to enjoy each second here, and that the next six months will be as great as the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment